Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Please don't call me Martha....

Everyone has always told me I am "so crafty". My mom says I should of been born 30 years earlier. If there was a college that had a degree for "Domestic Arts" I would have easily earned a 4.0! Cooking, cleaning, sewing, crafts, cross-stitch, scrap-booking, gardening and even home improvements have always been my specialty. So many have said "You're quite the Martha Stewart", I considered myself more of a Martha Stewart, Carol Duvall, Betty Crocker blend with alittle Mr. Clean & Bob Villa(although I'm more hands on the Bob) thrown in for good measure!

I always wanted to learn to knit but my mom crochets so I had no one to teach me. Well, I decided enough was enough and bought a kit with a book called "Taught Myself Knitting" and figured why not. knitting kit

Now 2 years and a new fiber addiction later I can't believe what I'd been missing!!! I LOVE knitting, I started with a garter stitch baby blanket and then a lace baby blanket. Moving onto scarves and childrens sweaters I never thought I could figure out DPNs so I thought that was a s far as I could go. But no, my husband found me a lys when ours closed and I took my first class...mittens!!! With some wonderful help I mastered the DPNs. There was no stopping me now...more mittens, hats and all by myself a pair of socks!!! WooHoo!!! I was so excited.

In November at the same great store, I took a class on spinning with a wheel and while I didn't have much confidence, Claudia the instructor & owner had me spinning in no time. She is amazing! My husband rented me a wheel for the month & during that time I spun 12 skeins of yarn that impressed even me the perfectionist. I even figured out how to plythem on my own! I plied 3 reds together & 1 red with a white & knit myself a hat for Christmas in red with a red/white "candy-cane" brim which I wore proudly everywhere I went.

Since Christmas I have started felting which I get so excited about because it's like magic! I have made 2 Booga Bag's and my first Market Squares Bag using entreloc knitting(another first) then felted from the XRX book, Bags: A Knitter's Dozen.

Now that I have chatted your ear off, hopefully you will want to visit often & join me on my knitting adventures!

Knit your dreams,

Diane

P.S. I am a horrific speller & famous for run-on sentences so please forgive me!

No comments: