Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It's almost here!!!

Can I tell you how wonderful my husband is? Not only did he convert 1 of our 3 bedrooms into my scrap-booking & craft-room when we moved here, but last fall he gave me the other tiny bedroom for my knitting room. Everyone loves him when they meet & hear how supportive of me he is. If that wasn't enough now they will really love him! We went to the NH Sheep & Wool Festival last Saturday(a 3-1/2hr drive for us) and the day before we go he says that I will have to look for some roving when we get there. I ask why because I haven't tried needle felting yet & am not ready to. He says "no but you can spin it right?" I told him yes but I don't have a wheel. He then tells me "No but you will next week when it gets here!" I just about died right there, I am so excited!!! We have been saving but I still felt to guilty to get one so he decided the sale The Woolery had was to good to pass on and placed an order. I learned to spin on an the beautiful Ashford Elizabeth 2 & rented the Ashford Joy. I really want an Elizabeth but I also liked the Lendrum DT more & more to & loved spin on it when a really nice woman let me try hers last month. He bought me the Lendrum DT. He wanted me to have that one since it came with alot for the money and was portable. Later on when we get a bigger place we can try to save for the Elizabeth! I am still in shock & am just so excited to be getting a wheel since it is not a purchase I could "justify" to myself.

I received the tracking number yesterday & it should be delivered Thursday so I can't wait for it to get here. I came down with a bad cold these last 2 days so I am doing everything I can to make myself better for when it arrives! I tried to think of a name for her but haven't come up with anything yet so feel free to offer any ideas! I did get some great fiber at the festival and really inexpensive...$10 a lb.!!! I couldn't believe it and it's really nice. I bought a few others that were very affordable so I have differnt things to try before the VT & NY festivals this fall so I know what I like to spin. I told my husband not to get mugged as we were leaving the festival because he was carrying all my treasures! He said that he loved seeing my smile so much again & he even had a great time to! We had such a greatday together & the drive was nice to. I will try to post after the wheel arrives tomorrow although it may be hard to pull myself away. I have already pre-drafted some of my roving so I can start spinning!

Diane

No comments: