Tuesday, May 29, 2007

18-1/2hrs to a Harlotty Good Time...

Actually less then that because we have a long ride from NY to Web's in Northampton, MA! Now you would think that there is nothing more exciting than going to see Stephanie the Yarn Harlot in person. I would totally agree especially since I was so upset about being unable to attend the Represent event in NYC. But I must say I'm glad that things worked out the way did. Handsome Hubby has taken tomorrow night off to take me to the event & book signing. When I signed us up I told them that I was the knitter & he was the enabler! Well things have changed here in Knitty City! Last month Handsome Hubby mentioned to me in a LYS that he might try to knit. I was in heaven just with the fact that he was contemplating the idea of knitting. Well, last week we sat down together & Hubby learned to knit! He is doing extremely well, at least in my eyes. His stitches are a little tight, but he is getting better already I told him. I am just so proud. He is making a scarf with yarn I had left over from making him a hat last Christmas.

Many of his fingers had been broken as a teenager so the needles are akward for him to hold but he isn't giving up. He got upset when he dropped a stitch or had something go oddly wrong but I was able to fix any "mistakes" he came across. (There are no mistakes, only creative embellishments!) I remained very encouraging and told him we all have been there & still visit often. After promising not to "watch" him, we also had to turn off the tv to allow for better concentration, gee I remember those days. (We watched a Horror movie a few months back & I got so scared I tossed my needles & lost all my stitches. Wonder how funny he would think it was if it happens to him now! I'll wait as I don't want to scare him away!) They only stipulation I told him there is about knitting is that he better get his own stash. Little does he know that this will also mean that since I am the senior knitter in the house I can acquirer anything from him stash that I deam necessary without any reprocutions to my stash!!! Nice rule huh...not bad if I do say so myself!(Insert Evil laugh here!!!)

Now if you are going to Web's Harlot event tomorrow & you come across us please do say hello. I will have my Market Squares bag with me, the one that I have to explain about it being a flower. Handsome Hubby and I will be knitting unless he gets nervous KIP(Knitting in Public). At some point I must go to bed or else I will sleep through the whole day tomorrow!



Knit your dreams,

Diane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great to meet you at the Harlotty Good Time :) I was the one that handed your card to the ravelry.com person at the end of the row.

It's so good that you have an understanding hubby! Mine thinks I'm strange. Luckily, he finds that endearing. I've been trying to convince him that knitting would be a Good Idea (TM) for him, but he hasn't bought into the idea yet. I haven't given up hope, though. I can be quite persistent when I want to. *grin*